Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia Julia is offline

Default Numbering - Restarting numbering under different sections

Hi,

I am new to Word 2007 and am looking for a little be of help. hopefully
someone knows the answer.

I am creating a document with various headings. Having set-up my styles I
have now encoutered a problem. I have various sections and the numbering is
ok for Section A, however, when I reach Section B although the main heading
is ok "2 SECTION B" (the numbering following from the main heading of
SECTION A), the main body numbering follows of from Section A and does not
restart. See example below

At the present the document looks like this:

1 SECTION A
Background Knowledge
1.1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1.2 yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Following On
1.3 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 SECTION B
Background Knowledge
1.4 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1.5 yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Following On
1.6 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

However, under Section B I need to restart the number as follows:

1 SECTION A
Background Knowledge
1.1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1.2 yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy