Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kirk kirk is offline

Default In Word 2007: moving photos so they're two-across

In Word 2007, I've never been able to put two small photos across from each
other. Clicking and dragging doesn't work. There's room for both pics,
but the second photo refuses to budge.

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sound like they're set to In line with text. There are several possible
solutions. One would be to set up a 1-row, 2-column table, and put photo 1
into the first cell, and photo 2 into the second cell. I tend to prefer this
solution because the formatting is more stable and easier to control (if you
don't want borders, then turn off the table's borders).

Another solution is to set the pictures' wrapping to something other than
"In line with text." Select the picture(s), and in Table Tools - Format
ribbon tab, click the dropdown arrow for Text Wrapping, and choose a non
Inline format, such as square, tight, etc. Once done, you should be able to
drag/drop the picture(s) where desired.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible