Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MrsMac MrsMac is offline

Default Switches/field codes to fix zip code in merge

Office 2003
I've been reading a lot on Graham's site about fixing zip codes, but using
switches and field codes is all new to me and I can't figure it out. I keep
getting the error message "Error! Missing test condition" when I toggle back.
I'm trying to get an Excel list that has 5-digit zips and 9-digit zips to
print out properly in a label merge. Here's what I have for the last line of
merge fields:

{ MERGEFIELD CITY }, {MERGEFIELD STATE } { IF {MERGEFIELD ZIP } 99999" {
MERGEFIELD ZIP \# "00000'-'0000" }" "{ MERGEFIELD ZIP \# "00000" }"}

I'm using Ctrl F9 for the brackets, I've entered the above from Graham's
site, but am not sure about spacing, etc.

Thanks for any help -- Mrsmac