Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Josh W Josh W is offline

Default Replacing one style with another

I want to replace e.g. ALL style 7 in a document with style 8. Is there a
quick way to day that or do I have to change each one individually. Word
2003. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jen[_4_] Jen[_4_] is offline

Do a global find/replace as below:

CTRL H

More (Click on to expand), then in

Find What:

Format (click on)

Style (select)

Type S and then continue scroll to Style 7

Then in:

Replace with:

Format (click on)

Style (select)

Type S and scroll to Style 7

Press Replace All Button

Hope this helps.

"Josh W" wrote in message
I want to replace e.g. ALL style 7 in a document with style 8. Is there a
quick way to day that or do I have to change each one individually. Word
2003. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can use Edit | Replace (or Ctrl+H) to display the Find and Replace
dialog box. Click the More button (if it is visible). Place the insertion
point in the "Find what" box, click Format, Style, and choose the style to
search for. Similarly, specify the "Replace with" style. Then click the
Replace All button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Josh W" wrote in message
I want to replace e.g. ALL style 7 in a document with style 8. Is there a
quick way to day that or do I have to change each one individually. Word
2003. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, Find and Replace is a powerful tool. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Replacing Marc Grant New Users 4 March 25th 08 03:26 PM
Replacing text, instead of replacing, text inserts alongside word Margaret Minker Microsoft Word Help 4 December 9th 05 03:52 PM
Replacing style of the first word of a paragraph only homeologica Formatting Long Documents 11 November 21st 05 07:16 PM
Type Replacing HBM Microsoft Word Help 2 March 8th 05 03:10 AM
Replacing style of paragraphs with another style automatically Shailesh Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 07:25 PM