Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ALJ1 ALJ1 is offline

Default Mail Merge Using Contacts from Mail - Blank Lines

I am successfully merging addresses from a Contact List into a document in
Word. Outlook 03 to Word 03. The issue is that on some addresses I get a blank
line eg:

Mr Jones
London House
13 London Road

London
SW1

I have checked the address format in the contacts list and it is exactly the
same as those that work no problem, same no. of lines, same format. I am
using the - Address Block - function in Mail Merge in Word to provide me with
the address format. I would be happy to use individual field names but
cannot find a way to easily open the file with the contact names/addresses
from Mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use the individual fields that you require - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
and http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm (which isn't
only about labels). You may need a conditional field or two to suppress a
blank line. eg

{Mergefield Field1}{IF {Mergefield Field2} "" "
{Mergefield Field2}"}{IF {Mergefield Field3} "" "
{Mergefield Field3}"}etc

Change the names of the fields as appropriate.