Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Default Word e-mail

Mark,
After going over this thread again, I did not see the registry fix suggested
as a remedy to your problem, this is something I have read about before,
that is in the following MS article:

"The "E-mail" command is missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in
PowerPoint 2007, or in Word 2007":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

It is method 2, described in this article.

If that does not fix the problem, the only things I can think of is the
following:
1. First save the file to a PC folder, open Windows Mail, and send it as an
attachment with the email message.
2. Purchase a stand alone version of Outlook 2007, and use the custom
installation, and make sure all the components are installed.
3. Purchase a copy of MS Office 2003, from a reputable dealer, then after
resaving all the documents you created in 2007, to Office 97-2003 formats.
Completely uninstall MS Office 2007 from your PC, and give it to a friend,
or try to sell it to recoup some of the money you spent on it.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Mark" wrote in message
No Kidding. I just spent 3 hours on this. I'm ready to throw the computer
out the f8cking window.
Ohh well, no more whining. The problem is obviously Mail is NOT being
recognized as the default email. Following your suggestions hasn't helped.
Won't take or whatever. Any suggestions??? I'm desperate. Thanks!!!
Mark