Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dale Magnant Dale Magnant is offline

Default Problem with lower case umlauts.

Hello,

I am using Office 2003/SP2 with XP/SP2.

While using Word, I can use the Ctrl+Shift+:,letter method to generate
uppercase letters with an umlaut. However, I cannot use this method to
create lowercase letters with umlauts.

I've seen various instruction on what one should do to for lowercase
letters. Some say use Ctrl+:, letter. This persists in giving an uppercase
umlauted letter. I've tried this and seemingly every other conceivable
combination, and everything gives uppercase only.

Even if I go to Insert/Symbol and pick a lower case umlauted character from
the symbol chart and click insert, I still get an uppercase character.

Specifically I just want to be able to insert lowercase umlauted a,u, and o
without having to resort to the Alt + numeric code method.

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?

--
Thank You,
Dale

Change To Title Case Upon Mail Merge Problem Ryan Mailmerge 3 December 27th 05 03:38 PM
Word Field Formatting Victor Lazlo Mailmerge 2 July 28th 05 10:15 AM
How do I change from upper case to lower case in an already print. Puzzled Microsoft Word Help 3 June 27th 05 08:47 PM
CardText Field Switch JoyceA Mailmerge 2 June 18th 05 11:05 AM
Upper Case to Lower Case Suzi New Users 3 May 17th 05 05:09 PM