Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed O'Brien Ed O'Brien is offline

Default Unknown Error Message

Windows XP Home. Dell Inspiron Laptop. MS Office 2003.

When I open any document in Word 2003 (but not in Excel) I get the
message...:

"This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create
links from other documents to this document."

I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to
registering. I do not know what this is.

Can anyone help? I would like at least to get rid of the notice as it is
very annoying every time I open a document.

TIA for any help.

Ed

(I posted this earlier but it has not appeared in my OE. Apologies if it
duplicates)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JP[_3_] JP[_3_] is offline

Found this fix by using google.

Please check if the service "DCOM Server Process Launcher" is set to
Automatic and running.

MS word warns if the process cannot be registered on computer if this
service is not running.

To check, click Start-Run-type Services.msc-click ok.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]