Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ocbizlaw ocbizlaw is offline

Default Is there anyway to get Word 2003 menus back

I no longer care what the idiots at Microsoft were thinking when they decided
to make it impossible to find basic functions on the toolbars in 2007. All I
want is a simple "select table" and can't find it anywhere. Is there anyway
to go back to the 2003 menus so that I don't go out of business spending 45
minutes on every document trying to figure out how do perform the simplest
task.

By the way, my favorite was when 2007 was first installed and all I wanted
to do was print a document. Ooops, no "file" "print" option. So I hunted
and hunted until I accidentally discovered that the idiotic, unlabled bubble
actually hid a useful menu that included "print." Wow! another great
Microsoft improvement.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Office 2007 applications that use the new ribbon interface do not
include a built-in ability to change back to the old menu interface. But
there are many third-party add-ins that allow you to do this (ask
Google). One of my fellow MVPs has developed an add-in for Word 2007 to
mimic the old menu interface... there are two versions, a free one and a
paid one with more features... see http://ribboncustomizer.com for more
information.

You probably haven't used Word long enough to know that when "new" Word
user interface you're familiar with was introduced in Word 95 or Word
97, users of earlier Word versions had many of the same comments about
the "new" UI that you do now about the 2007 UI.

ocbizlaw wrote:

I no longer care what the idiots at Microsoft were thinking when they decided
to make it impossible to find basic functions on the toolbars in 2007. All I
want is a simple "select table" and can't find it anywhere. Is there anyway
to go back to the 2003 menus so that I don't go out of business spending 45
minutes on every document trying to figure out how do perform the simplest
task.

By the way, my favorite was when 2007 was first installed and all I wanted
to do was print a document. Ooops, no "file" "print" option. So I hunted
and hunted until I accidentally discovered that the idiotic, unlabled bubble
actually hid a useful menu that included "print." Wow! another great
Microsoft improvement.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ocbizlaw ocbizlaw is offline

I've been using Word since it first came out. And I was one of the people
who complained before because everytime microsoft wants to add some useful
new features they feel obligated to revamp features that worked perfectly so
that it takes weeks and 10s of thousands of dollars to retrain everyone so
that they can use something that they shouldn't need to be retrained on.

ocbizlaw wrote:

I no longer care what the idiots at Microsoft were thinking when they decided
to make it impossible to find basic functions on the toolbars in 2007. All I
want is a simple "select table" and can't find it anywhere. Is there anyway
to go back to the 2003 menus so that I don't go out of business spending 45
minutes on every document trying to figure out how do perform the simplest
task.

By the way, my favorite was when 2007 was first installed and all I wanted
to do was print a document. Ooops, no "file" "print" option. So I hunted
and hunted until I accidentally discovered that the idiotic, unlabled bubble
actually hid a useful menu that included "print." Wow! another great
Microsoft improvement.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I too have used Word for Windows since v.2, but I've only had 2007
installed for about two weeks, so it's not like I've got tons of
experience with 2007. But I'm able to answer your questions in part
because I'm not fighting the new UI and because many of the old keyboard
shortcuts still work in 2007. Change is inevitable. Adapt or perish.
Whining doesn't help.

ocbizlaw wrote:

I no longer care what the idiots at Microsoft were thinking when they decided
to make it impossible to find basic functions on the toolbars in 2007. All I
want is a simple "select table" and can't find it anywhere. Is there anyway
to go back to the 2003 menus so that I don't go out of business spending 45
minutes on every document trying to figure out how do perform the simplest
task.

By the way, my favorite was when 2007 was first installed and all I wanted
to do was print a document. Ooops, no "file" "print" option. So I hunted
and hunted until I accidentally discovered that the idiotic, unlabled bubble
actually hid a useful menu that included "print." Wow! another great
Microsoft improvement.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Claudio_Villegas Claudio_Villegas is offline

I cant believe this. "Adapt or perish" applied to a simple word processor...
-_-

We all have better things to study.

ocbizlaw wrote:

I no longer care what the idiots at Microsoft were thinking when they decided
to make it impossible to find basic functions on the toolbars in 2007. All I
want is a simple "select table" and can't find it anywhere. Is there anyway
to go back to the 2003 menus so that I don't go out of business spending 45
minutes on every document trying to figure out how do perform the simplest
task.

By the way, my favorite was when 2007 was first installed and all I wanted
to do was print a document. Ooops, no "file" "print" option. So I hunted
and hunted until I accidentally discovered that the idiotic, unlabled bubble
actually hid a useful menu that included "print." Wow! another great
Microsoft improvement.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you don't like the new user interface, use Word 2003 or see
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP