Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lindsay Lindsay is offline

Default How do I erase a horizontal line in Word?

I inserted a line in Word text by hitting hyphen sevral times and then Enter.
Now I can't erase the line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Hi Lindsay,

What word has actually done is put a border at the bottom of the paragraph
to give you the line.
Put the cursor immediatly above the line,
and do (from the menu)
Format - Borders and Shading.

Select 'None' as the type of border and press OK.

Note this is for Word2000, another version might be slightly different, but
the principle will be the same...

;-)

Cheers,

Chris.

"Lindsay" wrote in message
I inserted a line in Word text by hitting hyphen sevral times and then
Enter.
Now I can't erase the line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Put your cursor on the paragraph above the line. Look in Format - Borders
and Shading.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lindsay" wrote in message
I inserted a line in Word text by hitting hyphen sevral times and then
Enter.
Now I can't erase the line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

From the FAQ:

12. How can I get rid of that weird line that appears
magically?
http://addbalance.com/word/borders.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm
--