Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ernie D[_2_] Ernie D[_2_] is offline

Default ATTACHMENT PROBLEM: HELP!

Apparently, somehow I have inadvertently hit an option I am not aware of.
When I have an open word document and I need to attach another
document...instead of an icon to the attached document (need to click to open
and read)...when I attach another document. The other document is opening
and the entire contents is being attached to my open document! What can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Insert, Object and CHECK the little box labeled DISPLAY AS ICON.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP