Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iamlovespar Iamlovespar is offline

Default Track Changes showing in 2007

We have just moved to 2007 from 2003 and all my documents are showing with
Track changes. When I accept the final version of changes, my header and
footer disapear from the documents removing the document name and date of
review.
How do I stop this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would appear that removing the header and footer was one of the changes;
reject that one before accepting the rest.

http://word.mvps.org

"Iamlovespar" wrote in message
We have just moved to 2007 from 2003 and all my documents are showing with
Track changes. When I accept the final version of changes, my header and
footer disapear from the documents removing the document name and date of
review.
How do I stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iamlovespar Iamlovespar is offline

Since I am going back and forth between 2003 and 2007, how do I fix this? I
have hundreds of documents out there that no one can read. These documents
have been changed for 4 years, so each one has lots of changes. In 2007 I see
a choice to select the FINAL with changes and the FINAL. I don't see an
option to select which changes I want?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that removing the header and footer was one of the changes;
reject that one before accepting the rest.

http://word.mvps.org

"Iamlovespar" wrote in message
We have just moved to 2007 from 2003 and all my documents are showing with
Track changes. When I accept the final version of changes, my header and
footer disapear from the documents removing the document name and date of
review.
How do I stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iamlovespar Iamlovespar is offline

I gather than, by your response, that this would be a dcoument by document
change and not something I can turn on or off. Bummer

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that removing the header and footer was one of the
changes;
reject that one before accepting the rest.

http://word.mvps.org

"Iamlovespar" wrote in message
We have just moved to 2007 from 2003 and all my documents are showing
with
Track changes. When I accept the final version of changes, my header
and
footer disapear from the documents removing the document name and date
of
review.
How do I stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure I understand the question. You can accept all the changes in a
given document; if you want to accept all the changes in several documents
at once, you may be able to do this with a macro. But if you want to accept
selected changes, then yes, you have to do it manually.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that removing the header and footer was one of the
changes;
reject that one before accepting the rest.

http://word.mvps.org

"Iamlovespar" wrote in message
We have just moved to 2007 from 2003 and all my documents are
showing
with
Track changes. When I accept the final version of changes, my header
and
footer disapear from the documents removing the document name and
date
of
review.
How do I stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iamlovespar Iamlovespar is offline

I would be interested in a macro that would do this, I have only worked with
macro in Excell, so I will explore that. Can you tell me why the footer and
Header don't stay on the document?The first change any verbiage would have
received was to be added to a templete with a header and footer.