Swisslion

Default How do I install German spelling and grammar checker

I try to get ABC in word to check my German letters. It says microsoft cannot
find msg 3GE.dll and msgr GE 32. dll. How can I install the German spelling
and grammar checker?

Is this an English version of Word/Office or some other? If it is a Swiss
version, then it probably includes the German proofing tools, and you may
just need to rerun setup to install them. If it's an English version, then
it comes with proofing tools for only English, French, and Spanish, and you
will have to buy the appropriate version of the Microsoft Proofing Tools.
Follow the appropriate link:

Office XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...prooftools.asp
Office 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fingtools.mspx

"Swisslion" wrote in message
I try to get ABC in word to check my German letters. It says microsoft

cannot
find msg 3GE.dll and msgr GE 32. dll. How can I install the German

spelling
and grammar checker?

George

I have the English (USA) version of Office 2003. It should have Spanish
spelling/grammar included, right? Well I typed a document in Spanish and
wanted to check it. The speller still tried to check English, and obviously
did not even recognize the word "Hola."

I added Spanish to the Language settings, All Programs/Microsoft
Office/Microsoft Office Tools/MS Office 2003 Language Settings

What else do I need to do to get this to work? I would like it to notice
Spanish right away if possible and kick in that spelling/grammar checker.

Thanks.

"Swisslion" wrote in message
I try to get ABC in word to check my German letters. It says microsoft

cannot
find msg 3GE.dll and msgr GE 32. dll. How can I install the German

spelling
and grammar checker?

Either you have disabled auto detection ("Detect language automatically") or
it isn't working very well (which is par for the course, which is why we
advise turning it off). You must select the text that is in Spanish and go
to Tools | Language | Set Language and mark it as Spanish.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this an English version of Word/Office or some other? If it is a

Swiss
version, then it probably includes the German proofing tools, and you

may
just need to rerun setup to install them. If it's an English version,

then
it comes with proofing tools for only English, French, and Spanish, and

you
will have to buy the appropriate version of the Microsoft Proofing

Tools.
Follow the appropriate link:

Office XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...prooftools.asp
Office 2003:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fingtools.mspx

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Swisslion" wrote in message
I try to get ABC in word to check my German letters. It says microsoft

cannot
find msg 3GE.dll and msgr GE 32. dll. How can I install the German

spelling
and grammar checker?

George

Sounds like there's a flaw in the system somewhere. Turning off the
detection sounds like a good workaround, but are they working on a bug fix
for this? I'm curious how long it has been an issue, since the beginning?
Thanks.

"Swisslion" wrote in message
I try to get ABC in word to check my German letters. It says microsoft
cannot
find msg 3GE.dll and msgr GE 32. dll. How can I install the German
spelling
and grammar checker?

I suspect that auto detection may work fairly well for large chunks of any
given language, not so well for isolated words and phrases (understandably).
And if Word does identify a word or phrase as being in another language, it
may not switch back to the base language afterward. The primary problem that
people have with spell checking, though, is that text pasted in from another
source brings its language formatting with it.

"Swisslion" wrote in message
I try to get ABC in word to check my German letters. It says

microsoft
cannot
find msg 3GE.dll and msgr GE 32. dll. How can I install the German
spelling
and grammar checker?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shorvath Shorvath is offline

I have the same problem. The links sugested by an other member do not work
for me.