Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] rition@hotmail.com is offline

Default Mail Merge - removing excess fields

Hello

I use mail merge regularly in my job but normally only three fields so
I need to customise it (or rather I prefer to customise it every time
as it is easier to enter the details).

Is there any way to set it up so that only three fields appear when I
choose mail merge? I tried using a macro but that didn't work.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Just put the three that you want in the mail merge main document in the
configuration that you want. Don't worry about the others.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
Hello

I use mail merge regularly in my job but normally only three fields so
I need to customise it (or rather I prefer to customise it every time
as it is easier to enter the details).

Is there any way to set it up so that only three fields appear when I
choose mail merge? I tried using a macro but that didn't work.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The number of fields available for mail merge depends on the number of
fields in your data source. You don't have to include them all in your mail
merge main document. What exactly are you trying to do?