Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default searching multiple documents for a word(s)

Is there a way to search multiple documents for certain word(s).
Rather than happen to open several individual documents looking for
something?
thanks.

Also is there a newsgroup for general questions. I didn't see one?
thanks Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can use Windows Search to search all the documents in a folder (or all
the files on your HD if you're a masochist or very patient) for files
"containing text." You can use the usual wildcard characters in your search.

"Bruce" wrote in message
Is there a way to search multiple documents for certain word(s).
Rather than happen to open several individual documents looking for
something?
thanks.

Also is there a newsgroup for general questions. I didn't see one?
thanks Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Ed is offline

If you're just looking to search Word documents, I have used the Search tool
in the Open dialog box. You can specify key words in the text or in the
file name, and also restrict the path of the search.

HTH
Ed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can use Windows Search to search all the documents in a folder (or all
the files on your HD if you're a masochist or very patient) for files
"containing text." You can use the usual wildcard characters in your
search.

so
all may benefit.