Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clay W. Oberhausen Clay W. Oberhausen is offline

Default How do I control the preferences on inserting a word file

When I past one word file into another word file the font and spacing changes
and it doesn't appear to be consistent with either document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By default, the formatting of the target document determines the formatting
of pasted text (unless the pasted text has direct formatting applied to it).

However, in recent versions of Word, you could try experimenting with the
Paste Options (which show as you paste). For more on paste options, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ionsWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP