Paul

Default Word should allow me to embed changes I make to a template.

I have the ability to insert checkmarks at will by using the Auto Correct
feature.
Insert, Symbol, (chose windings - checkmark), click on Auto Correct (I put
ck in this field) then clicked OK

Now whenever I want a checkmark to appear I just type ck and it appears.
When I save the file and someone else opens it up, that formatting is not
saved.

How do I embed these changes into a document template so anyone can use it?

AutoCorrect entries are normally saved to an .acl file; formatted
AutoCorrect entries, however, such as this one, are indeed saved in
Normal.dot. There doesn't seem to be any provision for saving them in any
other template or for moving or copying them from one template to another.