Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dorci Dorci is offline

Default Remove macro but still get dialog box

I created a macro in my document. When I was done with it, I deleted it.
However, I still get the macros security warning when I open the document.
How do I get rid of any hidden references to the macro I deleted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Dorci wrote:
I created a macro in my document. When I was done with it, I deleted
it. However, I still get the macros security warning when I open the
document. How do I get rid of any hidden references to the macro I
deleted?

Save the document as an RTF file (use the 'Save as type' dropdown in the
Save As dialog). Close the document. Open the RTF file from the disk and
save that as a .doc file again. This round-trip through RTF will discard the
macro bits.

You can directly overwrite the original, but that's slightly risky. A better
plan is to save the document to another name or another folder and open that
copy, to make sure all the text and formatting is preserved. If all is OK,
then you can delete the original and rename the new file.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman