Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
werekenn werekenn is offline

Default corrupt tables message

Lately I've been getting the message about a table in a document becoming
corrupt or unstable quite a lot. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also my tables seem to resize themselves - it's frustrating. It doesn't seem
to matter if I have the box in options clicked (resize automatically) or not.

Hope someone can help with these 2 issues.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

Note that in order to locate a corrupt table, you can split the
document in halves and see which half generates the error message.
Continue this process until you've isolated the problem table.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"werekenn" wrote in message
Lately I've been getting the message about a table in a document

becoming
corrupt or unstable quite a lot. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also my tables seem to resize themselves - it's frustrating. It

doesn't seem
to matter if I have the box in options clicked (resize

automatically) or not.

Hope someone can help with these 2 issues.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And to set fixed column and table widths, you can do the following:
Place the cursor inside the table and then choose Table | AutoFit |
Fixed Column Width.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP