Default Word opens old version of document

Hello,
I am using Office 2003 on XP pro. I received several versions of a document
via e-mail. When I open the latest one on my laptop from Outlook, Word opens
up an older version of the document. None of the latest changes are
reflected. I got the document resent 3 times even under different names,
saved them to my desktop and then opened them but the same old doc. always
comes up. Even if I access my web-based Exchange servers via IE and get the
doc. that way it is still showing an old version.
I went to a different pc, got into my mail, opened the same e-mails, got the
file and there it DOES show the latest one with new data.
Any ideas what I need to clear so word does not open the old doc by default
in my pc?

thank you
Les@idts

It's checking your path and grabbing the first one it sees. What happens if
you click on the one you've saved to your desktop? Does it come up or the
older copy? Anyway, do a search for the document in question on your entire
hard drive. Delete or rename all you encounter except the one you have saved
on your desktop.

I hope that helps.

Les