Andi

Default Mailmerge Printing Problem

I have created a document that is 1/2 page (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"). When I do
my mail merge, it looks fine on the screen, but when I print it out on
8-1/2" x 11" paper, I get only one record per page, with the bottom
half of the paper blank.

If I format my document to be 8-1/2 x 11, and put 2 copies of the main
merge document on it, when I do the merge I get Record 1 twice on the
first page, Record 2 twice on the 2nd page, etc.

Is there any way for me to print 2 individual records on each page so
I'm not wasting paper? I'm using Word 98 on a Mac under OS 9

TIA

Andi

Eric van der Niet -- www.NoteTaker.nl

Hello,

What you have got to do is change the document sort. This can be done with
the first icon on the mail merge toolbar. Change the setting to adreslist.

Hope this will point you in the right direction.
--
With kind regards,

Eric van der Niet
Consultant

www.RealData.nl
www.NoteTaker.nl

"Andi" wrote in message
I have created a document that is 1/2 page (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"). When I do
my mail merge, it looks fine on the screen, but when I print it out on
8-1/2" x 11" paper, I get only one record per page, with the bottom
half of the paper blank.

If I format my document to be 8-1/2 x 11, and put 2 copies of the main
merge document on it, when I do the merge I get Record 1 twice on the
first page, Record 2 twice on the 2nd page, etc.

Is there any way for me to print 2 individual records on each page so
I'm not wasting paper? I'm using Word 98 on a Mac under OS 9

TIA

Andi

Andi

Well, I thought this would work, but it isn't. Perhaps it is the way I have
my document set up? I'm using text box for most of my data fields. I can't
seem to get an insertion point in front of the second document, so I tried
adding the NEXT field at the beginning of the first data field for the
record, also tried creating it's own text box, and tried it inside a frame.
None of these worked. Any other ideas out there?

Andi

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Insert a NEXT field at the start of the second copy of the document.

Andi

I got it! I had to recreate my document using a table, but then when I
inserted the NEXT RECORD field it is now printing correctly. Thanks, Graham!

Andi