Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlie''s Word VBA questions

Default Disabling items in a menu

I have a custom menu that invokes macros. Is it possible to "disable" some
of the menu and submenu items, without deleting the underlying macro and
removing the menu item?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Removing the menu item doesn't affect the underlying macro. If you don't
want to learn how to disable the menu option you can just delete it and
re-create it later: when you do, re-select the same macro.

m wrote in message
I have a custom menu that invokes macros. Is it possible to "disable" some
of the menu and submenu items, without deleting the underlying macro and
removing the menu item?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Charlie:

Yes it is. But it's advanced VBA and this is not the place for that
question.

Go to the microsoft.public.word.vba.customizations group and post your
question there. Include a sample of the code you have so far, and we'll
talk you through it.

Cheers

On 29/3/06 8:16 AM, in article
, "Charlie''s Word VBA
questions" m wrote:

I have a custom menu that invokes macros. Is it possible to "disable" some
of the menu and submenu items, without deleting the underlying macro and
removing the menu item?
Thanks for any suggestions.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Remove Items form the "WORK" menu list Gill W New Users 6 December 8th 05 09:20 PM
Delete menu items Freddy New Users 2 October 29th 05 04:33 PM
Work menu items keep disappearing Leonard Microsoft Word Help 3 August 25th 05 01:51 PM
How do I get the Menu Bar Items (Eg File, Edit) back? j_b_g2005 Microsoft Word Help 1 May 7th 05 07:47 PM
Menu items missing EdwardH Microsoft Word Help 2 January 16th 05 04:42 AM