AT

Default Opening Hyperlinks as Read Only

I have an Access database that has a hyperlink field which opens a Word
document. Is there any way to open the Word document hyperlink as Read Only?

Thanks!
at

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QVQ=?=,

I have an Access database that has a hyperlink field which opens a Word
document. Is there any way to open the Word document hyperlink as Read Only?

Only by activating the "Read Only" property for the document via Windows
Explorer. But there's no way to tell a hyperlink to apply this when opening a
file.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org