Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TM2 TM2 is offline

Default Merge to New Document

After I've merged from "Main" document to "New" document, why do I still have
word fields that can be toggled?

I thought that once a document was merged the fields are replaced by the
actual data.....?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Many fields are "unlinked" in the way that you describe, such as
MERGEFIELD fields, SET fields and so on, but other types of fields are
typically /not/ unlinked, such as DATE and INCLUDEPICTURE.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk