Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Fred Quimby Fred Quimby is offline

Default How do I stop mail merge returning date in US style from Access?

When mail merging in Word form an Access database Word sees all dates in a
format 8/13/2009 (for 13 August 2009) and I cannot find a way to change it.
ALL language settings are set to English(UK)???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try:
1. Use Alt-F9 to display field codes rather than their results. You
should see stuff such as

{ MERGEFIELD mydate }
or
{ MERGEFIELD mydate \*Mergeformat }

2. Change each MERGEFiELD that corresponds to a date field in Access so
it looks like

{ MERGEFIELD mydate \@"DD/MM/YYYY" }
or
{ MERGEFIELD mydate \@"DD MMM YYYY" }
or use whatever format you need. You can usually delete the
\*Mergeformat if it is there

3. Use Alt-F9 to show field results again

4. Test that it works with "ambiguous" dates such as 6/7/2009, where you
cannot tell from the date itself whether the 6 is the day or the month.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Fred Quimby wrote:
When mail merging in Word form an Access database Word sees all dates in a
format 8/13/2009 (for 13 August 2009) and I cannot find a way to change it.
ALL language settings are set to English(UK)???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002/2003" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Fred Quimby" Fred wrote in message
When mail merging in Word form an Access database Word sees all dates in a
format 8/13/2009 (for 13 August 2009) and I cannot find a way to change
it.
ALL language settings are set to English(UK)???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Fred Quimby[_2_] Fred Quimby[_2_] is offline

Default How do I stop mail merge returning date in US style from Acces

Jobs a good un. Many thanks. Just seems like a hassle to do.