Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nikki Nikki is offline

Default save your data source for a mail merge on a disc?

I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to know how to
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Attach the file to an email just like you would any other file type.

Copy it to your flash drive just like you would any other file type.

Burn it to a CD just like you would any other file type.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Nikki" wrote in message
I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to know how
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe the issue here is that the data source created by the Mail Merge
Wizard in recent versions of Word is not readily accessible.

http://word.mvps.org

"Nikki" wrote in message
I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to know how
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The data file created by the mail merge wizard is a user named file with the
extension MDB by default saved in the My Data Sources folder?

"Nikki" wrote in message
I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to
know how to
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks, Graham. I have no experience with that, as I still use Word tables
or Excel sheets as data sources. I don't like the fact that the .mdb files
can be edited only through the Wizard.

http://word.mvps.org

"Nikki" wrote in message
I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to
know how to
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you use the old MailMerge helper (still available even in 2007 and
covered on my web site in the mail merge pages) you can easily convert the
MDB file to a comma delimited Word data file. Granted it will no longer be
an MDB file, but it can be used as a data source for the merge, or it can
easily be converted to a table.

"Nikki" wrote in message
I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to
know how to
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I create all my mail merge data sources and main documents manually using
the Mail Merge toolbar, as described in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/E...MailMerges.htm

"Nikki" wrote in message
I need to send my data source off a mail merge. I would like to
know how to
either email it or save it to a disc or flash? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Me too, but it is not the only approach

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I believe the issue here is that the data source created by the
Mail Merge Wizard in recent versions of Word is not readily
accessible. "JoAnn Paules" wrote in
message