Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Smiley Smiley is offline

Default Word Merge w/Excel Data

My word document continues to change my cell information for the date. I
originally had i.e. 10/27/09 then changed it to October 27, 2009. I made
sure that the cell was a date format, then changed it to a text format, and
resaved. But when I redid the merge it picked up the data as numerical again.

I have also gone in and changed the "conversion" part under Tools & General
tab. Still didn't work.

It is 3:30 pm & I am losing my mind. What simple step am I missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried the DDE method of connecting to the data source?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.