Revenged Revenged is offline
Junior Member

Default Forms locked to place

Hi,

I'm trying to create a single-page document, which has three textfields and two checkbox groups. They do not need to have any real functions, as this will be for printing purposes only. All elements of the page need to be non-editable, excluding filling in the textfields and ticking the boxes.

The problem is that when I protect the document with only allowing "Filling in forms" and I start to input text to the textboxes, every press of Enter key bumps elements below downwards. So if I enter enough text, some elements move to the second page, which is not what I want.

How can I lock the fields in place? Else I would insert the rest of the forms in the footer, but you cannot insert them there.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the form fields inside border-less table cells whose height is
fixed. (To set a fixed height for a table row, use the Row tab of
Table | Table Properties.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Revenged" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Feste Feste is offline

Thank you for replying to the post from Revenged. This info is exactly what I
needed in order to do something I have spent an entire Sunday trying to
figure out.

Is this info in Word's help file? If so, where would I find it? If not, why
not?