Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJRamCHS JJRamCHS is offline

Default assign a default printer in a word document

I have a number of predefined documents in both Word and Excel that I always
send to specific printers on our home office LAN : 1) the USB printer in my
office used only for processing checks, 2) a network printer for general
printing and 3) a shared USB printer in my wifes office.
I can access all of these printers, but I would like to save the info for
which printer to use within the document. (The documents reside on my
computers hard disk, not a server.)
Is there a way to save default printer info in a Word document?
Office XP (2002) under Windows XP
Thanks
Jeff
(also posted in Office and Excel forums)