Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Can't get NUMWORDS working in a formula field

I'm trying to round the number of words to the nearest hundred in my document
but keep getting an error when using the following formula:

{ = ROUND ({NUMWORDS], -3) }

The error I receive is as follows:

!Syntax Error, {

If I replace {NUMWORDS} with an explicit number, the field works fine.

I am running Word 2007. Any help is appreciated...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The special field braces {} that surround each field cannot be typed on the
keyboard. You can insert them using ctrl-F9.

e.g.

ctrl-F9:
{ }
type NUMWORDS inside
{ NUMWORDS }
select the file and press ctrl-F9:
{ { NUMWORDS } }

type =ROUND after the first { :

{ =ROUND({ NUMWORDS } }

type , -3) before the final } :

{ =ROUND({ NUMWORDS },-3) }

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm trying to round the number of words to the nearest hundred in my
document
but keep getting an error when using the following formula:

{ = ROUND ({NUMWORDS], -3) }

The error I receive is as follows:

!Syntax Error, {

If I replace {NUMWORDS} with an explicit number, the field works fine.

I am running Word 2007. Any help is appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

{ NUMWORDS \*CardText }

should take you up to a million words.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

word field formula dave Mailmerge 1 August 9th 07 06:26 PM
NumWords field and Grammar Check discrepencies topher98272 Microsoft Word Help 1 July 8th 06 12:30 AM
Merge field delimiter in insert field formula ? AlexT Mailmerge 3 November 24th 05 12:25 PM
Numwords Field in a Cell Steve Cann. Tables 3 July 3rd 05 07:39 AM
field formula Jessica Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:46 PM