Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
danonwheels danonwheels is offline

Default how do i activate speech recognition in word 2007

i am disabled and need to use speech recognition to produce documents any
help appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J R Oakley J R Oakley is offline

Sorry to say this - it's a feature they removed.

"danonwheels" wrote:

i am disabled and need to use speech recognition to produce documents any
help appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Danon

danonwheels wrote:
i am disabled and need to use speech recognition to produce documents any
help appreciated

according to

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/office2007/

this is now part of the OS (Vista).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dan,

As J.R. mentioned, the Dictation feature of Office was removed from Office 2007. It belongs to the Speech team of Windows.
Unfortunately, possibly due to time, they have focused their efforts on providing this capability in Windows Vista and have not
updated the capability in Windows XP (the implementation in Windows XP leaves a lot of 'holes' and isn't something I'd suggest
using). There are 3rd party products that will work and have the advantage of not being limited, usually to certain apps. One of
the long time available ones is Dragon from http://nuance.com .

==================
"danonwheels" wrote in message
i am disabled and need to use speech recognition to produce documents any help appreciated
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hector Hector is offline

Hey Danon:

I had the very same frustration finding out that MS removed the speech
recognition feature from the Office suite. I sent a letter to Microsoft and
to my great delight they sent me a response the next working day!
I don't know what your system configuration looks like or how comfortable do
you feel tinkering with your Operating System but they did send me a couple
of links so I could instal the Speech Recognition application on my computer.
I am including those instrucions with the links and see how comfortable you
feel with it.
I think that this is better than nothing and I myself do enjoy tweking my
system in order to improve it. Best of luck....Hector

...."Please first go to the following link to download and install speech
engine:

Speech SDK 5.1

After that, please refer to the following link to learn how to use speech
recognition.

How to install and configure speech recognition in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306537/en-us

For more information, please read the article below:

How To Use Speech Recognition in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306901/en-us

Please let me know the results at your earliest convenience."

I don't know why Jay is suggesting you buy something instead of trying to
instal the application for yourself if you wanted to.
Also to my very big surprize was a whole website from Microsoft just
dedicated to speech recognition with its own magazine subscription .
As I said before I wish you the best of luck
--
Hector