Ed Katzman

Default Need One Page of Same Label; Label Created from 20 records

Hi.

I am trying to print labels that contain a list of names to be used on
the back of photos. The labels will identify the people in the photo.

Each label will have a list of names taken from an excel sheet. It is
set up as one row per person, with name, address, etc.

In my merge sheet, using the wizard, I selected my label (8164 2 across
by 3 down) and in the first label I set up a table, 2x10, and put a
name code in each cell, preceded by a next record in all but the
first cell. This works fine.

Now to the other five labels. I want the same information to print on
them.

If I copy the first label, I get blank labels for the others. (It seems
I need to "reset" the record counter to the first record so I get a
repeat of label one, but I don't see how to do that.)

Nothing else I've tried works. (Ironically, I did all this successfully
last year, but the label size is different now and I can't remember what
to do.)

Ideas? I'm using Word XP, sp3.

Thanks.
Graham Mayor

If you want multiple labels for each record, then create a standard lable
merge document (http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm )
then from the merge toolbar change the document type to form letter. Remove
the next field from as many records as you want copies ie if you want five
copies for each record, leave a next field at the start of every sixth
'label'. The total number of labels on the page will have to be divisible by
the number of copies you want. If you want a full page of labels for each
record, remove all the next fields.