Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CReubens

Default MS Word document date query.

How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

File | Properties | Statistics or insert a CreateDate field.

"CReubens" wrote in message
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Ultimately you can't. Suzanne's suggestion is probably the closest you are
going to get, but it is not infallible.

CReubens wrote:
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CReubens

Well, thank you for your response, Suzanne, I guess. I mean, it seemed as
though your suggestion was for me to visit the Word MVP FAQ webpage and get
my question actually answered there. Ah, but I TRIED that, and to no avail.
I also tried right-clicking in a blank portion of the document, expecting
"Properties" to pop up upwhence I'd be able to finally obtain the date I
originally created the document. But no such luck. "Properties" simply
didn't pop up, no matter where nor how many times I right-clicked! I'm still
left with the feeling that the date I wrote that letter is SOMEWHERE hidden
deep within the bowels of my computer, but I've given up on finding out
precisely where...

"CReubens" wrote in message
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CReubens

Thanks for your reply. Please see the longer response I just posted to
Suzanne, on this topic...

CReubens wrote:
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

She told you how to view the creation date. She also told you that you could
use a CreateDate field. I'm going to tell you to visit
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the different
kinds of datefields and how to format them. Suzanne and Graham correctly
informed you that this date may not be correct, but it is the only date on
this that Work keeps track of and it is usually correct.

I don't know how it can be made clearer. Sorry.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

File | Properties | Statistics or insert a CreateDate field.

so
all may benefit.

"CReubens" wrote in message
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried selecting Properties on the File menu, then looking at the
Statistics tab? That's what "File | Properties | Statistics" is shorthand
for.

As for date fields, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

File | Properties | Statistics or insert a CreateDate field.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CReubens" wrote in message
How can I find the date a Word document was originally created?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CReubens

Thank you kindly, Suzanne, Graham, and Charles! I've learned from your
helpful posts, and I appreciate them. All the best to you, from Craig
Reubens...