Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
amkazen

Default Consistently get "Margins of Section 1 are outside the printable..

Hi,
I almost always get the error message "Margins of Section 1 are set outside
the printable area of the pge. Do you want to continue?" I alway say yes
and the printing is always fine.

My documents are always 8 1/2 by 11, meaning I don;t print labels,
envelopes, etc.

My default margins are set to the following: Top: .18, Bottom: .28, Left:
..25, Right: .25. My printer is a HP Laser Jet 4000TN. I set the default
margins by opening a blank Word document, setting all margins to "zero",
trying to print the blank document, choosing fix, and then setting those new
margins as the default margin settings for all future documents based onthe
"Normal" style.

Here is my question: How can I see the section borders? When I get the
above error message, I would like to see what the offending border ot text is
but, if I can't see the section borders, how can tell what the problem is?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi

If the page prints OK, just ignore the warning. Word often gets confused
about margins, and complains about margin settings that were made by the
program itself, via "Fix". I once asked if there is a way to turn off the
margin warning, but evidently there is not.
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
My-Blue-Truck

Default Consistently get "Margins of Section 1 are outside the printab

So, is this a question that you asked of Microsoft? This is a serious
problem for us. Not necessarily for me, although frustrating, but for less
savvy office users in my office. They drive me nuts with this problem
because of merge documents. Here's the catch, my "fix" on the margins fixed
it for the document and everything is within the margin's registered marks...
but I still get the message!

Is there not a registry setting or something that could turn this off?