Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anders Floderus Anders Floderus is offline

Default header in template?

Is it possible to specify header contents in the template?

I want the file name and page number as default, no footer.

Thanks
Anders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That's the whole idea of a template. Insert the file name and page number in
the header of the template before saving it. I assume you mean a custom
template, not Normal.dot. A header or footer should never be added to
Normal.dot.

"Anders Floderus" wrote in message
Is it possible to specify header contents in the template?

I want the file name and page number as default, no footer.

Thanks
Anders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anders Floderus Anders Floderus is offline

I am sorry if I did not state my case clearly. If I open the file text1.doc
(or text1.txt) and print it, I do not want to meddle with custom
templates, I want the header to be set automaticly to text1.doc (or
text1.txt). Thus, if possible in Normal.dot.

If this is not possible, is it something that can be done in Visual
Basic?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That's the whole idea of a template. Insert the file name and page number
in
the header of the template before saving it. I assume you mean a custom
template, not Normal.dot. A header or footer should never be added to
Normal.dot.

so
all may benefit.

"Anders Floderus" wrote in message
Is it possible to specify header contents in the template?

I want the file name and page number as default, no footer.

Thanks
Anders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

This is what custom templates are for. They are easy to create and use. You
can set one up with a shortcut in your Start menu or on your desktop if you
want to use it to start Word. For more on the different kinds of templates,
tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

If you open an existing document (not creating a new one) the contents of a
header or footer in a template is irrelevant.

Try creating a new document in Word.

View the header and footer.

Insert fields (using fields found on the AutoText menu of the header/footer
toolbar).

Exit from the header/footer view and save the document as a template. Do
_not_ save it as normal.dot.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.