Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RSunday RSunday is offline

Default Keep foot notes - but hide them

Can I somehow hide foot notes?

I have inserted foot notes for internal references etc. but now I want to
publish the document externally without showing the foot notes -but still
keeep them for my own use.

How is that done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could modify the Footnote Reference and Footnote Text styles to be
Hidden. But it sounds to me as if you have used footnotes where it might
have been more appropriate to use Comments. If you had used comments, you
could make a copy of the document and Delete All Comments in Document with a
single click.

"RSunday" wrote in message
news
Can I somehow hide foot notes?

I have inserted foot notes for internal references etc. but now I want to
publish the document externally without showing the foot notes -but still
keeep them for my own use.

How is that done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could convert the footnotes to endnotes (and just not print/not
send to the pdf-maker those pages), and then you'd only have to mark
the footnote references Hidden and your pages wouldn't have odd-
looking unequal lengths.

Foot Notes Britech Microsoft Word Help 4 November 16th 09 02:19 PM
Customize foot notes Neron[_3_] Page Layout 2 November 14th 07 02:15 PM
Foot Notes spacing Jenny Microsoft Word Help 2 July 12th 07 08:06 PM
Word Foot notes Catty Microsoft Word Help 2 August 21st 05 04:36 PM
how do I switch from foot notes back to the document? Cathy Microsoft Word Help 0 February 27th 05 12:03 AM