Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arugula Arugula is offline

Default Loss of Alternate Text in Header Image

I'm attempting to create a 508 Compliant Word document that converts as an
accessible PDF document.

I have an image in the header. Well, actually, this is a large document with
both portrait and landscape pages so there are multiple images in the
header(s).

I add the alternate text in Word. But when I convert the document to PDF,
the alternate text is stripped out and Adobe wants me to manually add
alternate text to all the images in the headers.

Alternate text is not stripped out of images not in headers.

Solutions?