Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Amy C Johnston

Default manual line breaks

I've been given a document with lots (29 pages) of manual line breaks in the
middle of sentences. I can go through and delete them all individually, but
this would take too much time. Is there any way I can delete all formatting?
I've tried going into cut and paste special and that doesn't work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Amy C Johnston

Hi,
thanks for your help. I tried to use the find and replace tool but it said
there are no line breaks in the document. It also said there are no
parapgraph breaks in the document.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use Find and Replace: ^l (that's an ell, not a one) is the Find code for
line break.

"Amy C Johnston" Amy C wrote in message
I've been given a document with lots (29 pages) of manual line breaks in
the
middle of sentences. I can go through and delete them all individually,
but
this would take too much time. Is there any way I can delete all
formatting?
I've tried going into cut and paste special and that doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Well either it's telling the truth and the formatting problem with your
document is something else, or you're not using Find and Replace properly.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use Find and Replace: ^l (that's an ell, not a one) is the Find code for
line break.

"Amy C Johnston" Amy C wrote in
message
I've been given a document with lots (29 pages) of manual line breaks
in
the
middle of sentences. I can go through and delete them all individually,
but
this would take too much time. Is there any way I can delete all
formatting?
I've tried going into cut and paste special and that doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RajKohli

Click the Show/Hide button from the Standard Toolbar then click Edit - Replace.
In Replace Dialog box - click More - then click Special button and choose
Paragraph Mark and leave Replace With blank...

If that doesn't work please specify the mark ending in the line in your next
post.

Hope it help, let us know.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use Find and Replace: ^l (that's an ell, not a one) is the Find code for
line break.

"Amy C Johnston" Amy C wrote in message
I've been given a document with lots (29 pages) of manual line breaks in
the
middle of sentences. I can go through and delete them all individually,
but
this would take too much time. Is there any way I can delete all
formatting?
I've tried going into cut and paste special and that doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert

On Sun, 14 May 2006 18:37:01 -0700, Amy C Johnston wrote:
Hi,
thanks for your help. I tried to use the find and replace tool but it said
there are no line breaks in the document. It also said there are no
parapgraph breaks in the document.

Maybe what you call "line breaks" actually are "tab" characters?