Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AML AML is offline

Default How do I anchor a frame?

I'm constructing a template letter in Word.

I have imported a 'picture' to use as a header on page 1. I do not want to
use the header facitility because I do not want this info appearing on every
page.

I want to use a frame to hold contact details that go along with the
'header'. I do not want to use the footer facility for this because I do not
want this info appearing on every page. I am using the footer to show "1 of
1" etc.

My problem is that I've done something wrong and now the frame, which is at
the bottom of the page is not anchored. Previously, additional text would
spill over onto page 2 leaving my frame at the bottom of page 1 - perfect!
Now (perfecting the 'picture' and re-importing into the frame) I have a
situation where additional text shoves the frame onto the second page.

Any ideas? It can't be that difficult - I've done it once inadvertantly
myself and then messed it up again.
All help appreciated - Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use the First Page Header or the First Page Footer as the anchor point
for your frame, and it won't repeat on other pages.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:53:53 -0700, AML
wrote:

[...]

anchor of textbox יונדב זר Formatting Long Documents 5 May 17th 07 11:46 AM
TOC Frame Linking to Locations in Frame in Same Doc Rutabaga Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 07 10:15 PM
How to anchor graphics PedroRossie Page Layout 1 November 21st 05 03:16 AM
Anchor Picture Bill New Users 4 May 7th 05 02:31 PM
Can I anchor a table? charleykay Tables 0 November 13th 04 12:23 AM