Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicknafs

Default How Do I Change *.docx To *.doc

hi,
I have Office 2003 Sp1 .
I Got The File *.docx Which Created By office 12 But When I Would See It ,
The Characters Show Unnormally,
Please Help Me How Could I Change To *.doc For Checking This Files
Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe there will ultimately be converters to allow earlier versions to
read Word 2007 .docx documents. Until these become available, you will need
to ask the person who created the document to send it to you in .doc format.

"Nicknafs" wrote in message
hi,
I have Office 2003 Sp1 .
I Got The File *.docx Which Created By office 12 But When I Would See It ,
The Characters Show Unnormally,
Please Help Me How Could I Change To *.doc For Checking This Files
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Try renaming the file *.zip. Open the *.zip file with WinZip or whatever.
Your .doc file is in there. (You can extract all of the files if you'd like.
Same thing.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Nicknafs" wrote in message
hi,
I have Office 2003 Sp1 .
I Got The File *.docx Which Created By office 12 But When I Would See It ,
The Characters Show Unnormally,
Please Help Me How Could I Change To *.doc For Checking This Files
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
getdigital

I had the same problem I resolved as follow:

When you save your document you can save in the option "save as..." in
diferent ways, the first one says "Word document" and exist another option
that say "1997 - 2003 document".

ok, you need to open the .docx file with Word 2007 and then you can save as
a normal document in the option "save as... " in the option "1997 - 2003
document" and then, you will have two file the fist one with .docx extension
and the second one with .doc ext

I hope this tip fix the problem