Island Girl

Default Table emergency

I'm picking up on a document someone else started, which is a form in tables.
There are times when I'd like for the cell margins to be 0 all around
instead of the default 0.08 on the right and left. No matter how many times
I go into the box and change it, it goes right back to the default. I'm sure
there's a way to change this default, but I don't have time to pursue it now
and hope someone has the answer at their fingertips.

Thanks for this and all of your help.
Doug Robbins

From the Tables menu, select Table Properties and the click on the Options
button on the Tables tab and you will then be taken to a dialog on which you
can change the default cell margins.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm picking up on a document someone else started, which is a form in
tables.
There are times when I'd like for the cell margins to be 0 all around
instead of the default 0.08 on the right and left. No matter how many
times
I go into the box and change it, it goes right back to the default. I'm
sure
there's a way to change this default, but I don't have time to pursue it
now
and hope someone has the answer at their fingertips.

Thanks for this and all of your help.

TF

To add to Doug's reply, you can only change the Cell Margins on a
table-by-table basis and not on individual cells.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Island Girl" wrote in message
: I'm picking up on a document someone else started, which is a form in
tables.
: There are times when I'd like for the cell margins to be 0 all around
: instead of the default 0.08 on the right and left. No matter how many
times
: I go into the box and change it, it goes right back to the default. I'm
sure
: there's a way to change this default, but I don't have time to pursue it
now
: and hope someone has the answer at their fingertips.
:
: Thanks for this and all of your help.