Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Catherine Catherine is offline

Default combining several steps to screenshots

I have many small screenshots. I want to make each one with a 'square'
layout, then with a line around the shot, then make a shadow on the lower
right. Is there a way to do this with one macro so I don't have to touch
each screenshot 3 times?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber[_2_] Helmut Weber[_2_] is offline

Hi Catherine,

there are shapes (shaperanges) and inlineshapes.
Though I am no good at graphical issues, ...

Sub Macro2()
Selection.InlineShapes(1).ConvertToShape
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Visible = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Weight = 0.5
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapSquare
' which seems to be the default wrapformat anyway
End Sub

I don't know about the shadow.
I can't find a way to create one,
except creating a rectangle of the same size
and placing it behind the actual picture.
But that would be too much effort.

Note that you can't repeat that macro on the same
picture, as it isn't an inlineshape anymore.

Once it is a shaperange, you can use the macrorecorder
to delve into that subject further.

--

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Vista Small Business, Office XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007's graphic tools would allow you to add shadows, however if you are
intending working a lot with screen shots, you should investigate SnagIt
from www.techsmith.com This will easily do all you require and far more.
There is a fully working trial and you can see some of the results in the
many illustrations on my web site.

Catherine wrote:
Helmut, thanks so much!

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Catherine Catherine is offline

Wow. Thanks. I'm already using snagit, and didn't realize it would do the
shadows, etc. I'll look into it. You guys are awesome, thanks so much!!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word 2007's graphic tools would allow you to add shadows, however if you are
intending working a lot with screen shots, you should investigate SnagIt
from www.techsmith.com This will easily do all you require and far more.
There is a fully working trial and you can see some of the results in the
many illustrations on my web site.

Catherine wrote:
Helmut, thanks so much!