How do I overcome character limits in a mail merge from excel?

Old September 3rd 08, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SamB

Default How do I overcome character limits in a mail merge from excel?

I am merging from excel to word and trying to bring in a cell that is very
large (company description) and the merge is cutting off the description
after a certain number of characters... any ideas how to stop that from
hapening?
Old September 4th 08, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The system looks at the data in the first half dozen or so fields to
determine what type of data each of them contain. Therefore, you may
overcome the problem by ensuring that the first record in your data source
is one with a suitably long (more that 255 character) description in that
field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.