How do I append a Word document onto the end of another?

Old February 22nd 09, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I append a Word document onto the end of another?

I have 2 documents with different custom headers and footers and I have to
append one of them to the end of the other one. How do I do that? Select
and copy don't work!
Old February 22nd 09, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

At the end of the first document, insert a Section Break New Page (or
New Right Page). Then after it, use the Insert menu or tab (depending
on version) to insert a File or an Object Text from File.