How to have MS Word Prompt for ODBC or connection login and password

Old December 1st 05, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How to have MS Word Prompt for ODBC or connection login and password

Hello,

I have posted something similar to this elsewhere, but this is really
bugging me.

I have a mailmerge document that uses ODBC and MS query to connect to
oracle and complete a merge.

But when you reopen the mailmerge document, it never prompts you for a
connection login in and password.

Is there anyway to simply make MS word (before excuting the query)
prompt for the connection login and password.

(It seems to me, that this would be something that most people or users
would want, to have a secure data connection prompted before running
it)

Here is exactly what I do to create the mailmerge:

-ToolsLetters and MailingMail Merge Wizard
-Then select labels then select label options
-Then I select recipients and choose Browse then I select Tools MS
QUERY
-Then I select an ODBC connection (system DNS)
-Then a dialogue box appears 'MS ODBC connection for Oracle' then I
enter user name password and server.
-Then I enter my query and at this point I am MS query and have the
data returned to MS word.
-I finish the mail merge and save the document.

But now when anyone runs the document, they are not prompted for login
and password.
Is there anyway possible to have the login and password prompted when
they open this merge document?

Old December 4th 05, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

[...]

The only possibility would be a macro. After you've made the connection
via MS Query, Word stores all the connection information within the
document. MS Query doesn't come into the equation any more; it only
serves as a tool for making the connection.

Record setting up such a connection in a macro and you should see the a
line containing OpenDataSource, and under that all the connection
information, including the login and password?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Old September 17th 21, 07:18 AM
Zachary2323 Zachary2323 is offline

In general scholarly work has more focus on proving statements to factual accuracy than many other forms of writing. And the same way academic essay writing service providing that pretty much affordable for everyone any time.