A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Save As is not working due to macro security settings



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 16th 04, 03:49 AM
Craig Meritz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Save As is not working due to macro security settings

I tried what you suggested and WOnder of Wonder. Save & SaveAs started to
work again. Thanks!
Any Idea how to get rid of old Goldmine Menu Item?

"GoldenPenny" wrote:

You were right. It was trickier than it ought to have been. I checked all
the stuff you advised checking. Still no luck.
Then, having nothing left to lose, I used Tools|Customize and removed SaveAs
from the File menu.
Then I put it back from the options under Customize. Voila! It's now
working.
Thanks for giving me some ideas to try that triggered the final solution.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Okay, this is a trickier one. You say you checked the command attached to
the menu option, but do it again. Make sure that it is really assigned to
FileSaveAs (though I'm not sure how one can ascertain this). By "keyboard
shortcut" I assume you mean Ctrl+S (used for a new document)? Or have you
assigned a keyboard shortcut to FileSaveAs? If the former, go to Tools |
Customize | Keyboard, select any command at random and press Ctrl+S as the
new shortcut key; note what command Word says it is assigned to. If it's
FileSave, then you're okay. Cancel out.

If all these things are true, then I don't know what the problem could be.
If, however, you find that some other action or macro is assigned to Ctrl+S,
find that and remove the assignment. And you might try dragging Save As...
off the menu and replacing it from Tools | Customize (or you can right-click
on the command choose Reset, which I assume will do the same thing).


--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"GoldenPenny" wrote in message
...
Thanks.
I tried your suggestion. However, the FileSaveAs macro resides in Commands
and could not be deleted.
I deleted the add-in templates in the Office Startup folder.
The problem still exists.
I do thank you for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Look in Tools | Macro | Macros for a macro named FileSaveAs and delete

it.
If you can't delete it, change the "Macros in" setting until you

ascertain
what template or add-in it is coming from. Most likely it's an add-in

loaded
at startup that is not doing anything useful for you. You can remove it

from
Word's (or the Office) Startup folder.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"GoldenPenny" wrote in message
news When I try to access Save As, I receive a message stating "The macro
cannot
be found or has been disabled due to your Macro Security settings."
I have checked my Macro security settings. It was High; I changed it

to
Medium. The message still occurs. I checked the command attached to

the
menu
option. It appears to be correct.
I have the problem whether I access the command from the keyboard or

from
the menu.
The problem started after the Help Desk gave me a computer following a
hard
drive failure.
I do not have the problem in Excel.
I'm using Word 2000.




Ads
  #2  
Old December 16th 04, 04:53 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Open Tools | Customize and drag it off the menu. But if it's being added by
an add-in, it will be added again when you start Word unless you remove the
add-in from Word's Startup folder.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Craig Meritz" wrote in message
...
I tried what you suggested and WOnder of Wonder. Save & SaveAs started to
work again. Thanks!
Any Idea how to get rid of old Goldmine Menu Item?

"GoldenPenny" wrote:

You were right. It was trickier than it ought to have been. I checked

all
the stuff you advised checking. Still no luck.
Then, having nothing left to lose, I used Tools|Customize and removed

SaveAs
from the File menu.
Then I put it back from the options under Customize. Voila! It's now
working.
Thanks for giving me some ideas to try that triggered the final

solution.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Okay, this is a trickier one. You say you checked the command attached

to
the menu option, but do it again. Make sure that it is really assigned

to
FileSaveAs (though I'm not sure how one can ascertain this). By

"keyboard
shortcut" I assume you mean Ctrl+S (used for a new document)? Or have

you
assigned a keyboard shortcut to FileSaveAs? If the former, go to Tools

|
Customize | Keyboard, select any command at random and press Ctrl+S as

the
new shortcut key; note what command Word says it is assigned to. If

it's
FileSave, then you're okay. Cancel out.

If all these things are true, then I don't know what the problem could

be.
If, however, you find that some other action or macro is assigned to

Ctrl+S,
find that and remove the assignment. And you might try dragging Save

As...
off the menu and replacing it from Tools | Customize (or you can

right-click
on the command choose Reset, which I assume will do the same thing).


--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"GoldenPenny" wrote in message
...
Thanks.
I tried your suggestion. However, the FileSaveAs macro resides in

Commands
and could not be deleted.
I deleted the add-in templates in the Office Startup folder.
The problem still exists.
I do thank you for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Look in Tools | Macro | Macros for a macro named FileSaveAs and

delete
it.
If you can't delete it, change the "Macros in" setting until you
ascertain
what template or add-in it is coming from. Most likely it's an

add-in
loaded
at startup that is not doing anything useful for you. You can

remove it
from
Word's (or the Office) Startup folder.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"GoldenPenny" wrote in

message
news When I try to access Save As, I receive a message stating "The

macro
cannot
be found or has been disabled due to your Macro Security

settings."
I have checked my Macro security settings. It was High; I

changed it
to
Medium. The message still occurs. I checked the command

attached to
the
menu
option. It appears to be correct.
I have the problem whether I access the command from the

keyboard or
from
the menu.
The problem started after the Help Desk gave me a computer

following a
hard
drive failure.
I do not have the problem in Excel.
I'm using Word 2000.





 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Save As...*.txt files Scribe Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 04 05:45 AM
"save as" is like save visiter Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 06:02 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.