can i print in gold

Old March 12th 06, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default can i print in gold

I want to print wedding invitations in gold font - Can anyone help?
Old March 12th 06, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless your printer has the unlikely option of a gold coloured ink, the best
you can achieve is a custom colour with RGB values of 199 177 25
respectively. It still looks like pale yellow to me!

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 12th 06, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have seen gold foil that can be applied with a laser printer.
http://www.paperdirect.com/Using+Las...op.axd/Content

I've never used it but I remembered seeing it in their catalogs years ago.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old March 12th 06, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Graham,

Unless your printer has the unlikely option of a gold coloured ink, the best
you can achieve is a custom colour with RGB values of 199 177 25
respectively. It still looks like pale yellow to me!

and pale yellow it is.

I've made up the explanation for me,
that "gold" isn't a color at all,
but a matter of the surface structure.
If the surface is reflecting light
and the color is pale yellow,
then it is called "gold".

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Old March 13th 06, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Sally:

No. "Gold" is one of the colours that is outside the CMYK colour standard,
non-professional printers can't reproduce it.

But you can have your document printed by a commercial print bureau that can
use actual gold ink.

Use the colour recommended by Graham, then save the file and take it to a
commercial printer. Tell them you want them to make colour separations from
your document and use gold ink for that colour.

Notes: They will probably have to order in the gold ink, so give them at
least two weeks.

They will have to clean their printing press afterwards, so don't expect a
discount.

Take the fonts you used in the document with you: Print shops often use
Macintosh computers that are utterly helpless without the exact font files
used in the document.

Cheers

On 12/3/06 11:06 PM, in article
, "Sally"
wrote:

I want to print wedding invitations in gold font - Can anyone help?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410