Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe

Default Back dating a document

I am trying to apply a previous date to a letter. I previously created this
letter using Word's Elegant Letter wizard and saved it as a template with my
personal information. However, when I print, the document reverts back to
today's date. How do I turn this feature off, even temporarily?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In the template, press Alt+F9 to show field codes. You'll find that
your date is in fact a DATE or TIME field, which looks something like
this: { DATE \@ "M/d/yy" }. Replace the DATE (or TIME) part with
CREATEDATE. Press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 again to hide field
codes. Save the file. Repeat this procedure for each existing document
created from the template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joe" wrote in message
I am trying to apply a previous date to a letter. I previously

created this
letter using Word's Elegant Letter wizard and saved it as a template

with my
personal information. However, when I print, the document reverts

back to
today's date. How do I turn this feature off, even temporarily?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Press ALT+F9
Change the {DATE} or {TIME} field to a {CREATEDATE} field. Press f9 to
update. Then if necessary ALT+F9 to toggle the display back again.
Open your template and do the same there. Don't worry that the date shown is
the date you created the template. Documents created from that template will
show the dates they were created.