Protect Header and Footer from editing

Old September 5th 06, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dioshy

Default Protect Header and Footer from editing

Hi! I have created a custom heading and footer for a Word Document Template.
I have distributed the template @ my work place and it works wonders, but I
cannot get the header and footer (the company logo, company info, and other
related text) to be protected from been edited.

I have tried the: Tools - Protect Document - Limit formatting to a
selection of styles - Unchecked Header and Footer from the list, and then
enabled the protection with a password. This have not worked for me.

Any other ideas of how to protect the heading and footer of been edited.
Thanks!

Old September 5th 06, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Click TOOLS in the menu and select PROTECT DOCUMENT and in the task pane,
under FORMATTING RESTRICTIONS, click SETTINGS.

You can then cherry pick what can be edited by a user.
--
Kevin Backmann

Old September 5th 06, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If a macro solution is acceptable, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old September 5th 06, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...PlusHeader.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

Old September 5th 06, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dioshy

Hi! A macro solution is not acceptable....

But thanks for the link, I'll use it for my personal stuff.

Dioshy

Old September 6th 06, 01:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?RGlvc2h5?=,

I have tried the: Tools - Protect Document - Limit formatting to a
selection of styles - Unchecked Header and Footer from the list, and then
enabled the protection with a password. This have not worked for me.

Any other ideas of how to protect the heading and footer of been edited.

The protection pane does offer another possibility:

Try selecting all the text in the document (Ctrl+A). Then in the second
section of the task pane, set the protection type to "Read only" and activate
the checkbox next to "Everyone".

This should allow the user to work more or less normally in the document
body, but not let them into the header/footer area. The only limitation you
should notice is that the Drawing tools aren't available and the user can't
work with any graphics that have text flow formatting. The old frames are
still available though, and graphics can be inserted into those to allow text
flow.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org