Dating in documents

Old November 13th 06, 11:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig

Default Dating in documents

I use Microsoft word (2003 office) templates for writing letters and faxes.
Those documents automatically update to the current date. I like that.

But. whenever I open those documents later, the date changes again to the
current date.
Then, I have no idea when those documents were created. That is very
frustrating.

Please advise me how not to change the date after saving.

TIA. Craig

Old November 13th 06, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In your template, use the CreateDate field. The template will then show the
date the template was created. But when you open a new document based on the
template, the CreateDate will show the date the document was created. This
should never change.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

Old November 13th 06, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andrew V

Click on the date (which is a field) and press Ctrl-Shift-F9. That turns to
the field into regular text.

Andrew

Old November 14th 06, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig

Thank you all,

It seems that the mind boggling problem is now solved.

Regards,

Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Instead of using a DATE field in your templates, use a CREATEDATE field.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

so
all may benefit.

Old November 14th 06, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig

Hi,

I opened up Insert/Field//CreateDate and selected the top of the date
formats (i.e, 11/13/2006).
But it prints both date and time.
How to avoid printing the time.

Old November 14th 06, 03:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andrew V

When inserting the field, don't hit OK right away. Hit the Options button at
the bottom of the dialog box (if you don't see it, first hit the Field Codes
button). From the list, select your preferred date format and hit the Add to
Field button. Click OK a couple times and you're golden.

Andrew